Any actively-enrolled DOCTORAL student or candidate, through their respective competing college*. Graduates are not eligible.
- A SINGLE static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description, the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files, laser pointers) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
Three Minute Countdown Timer
Three Minute Thesis has developed a countdown timer which is helpful for some students when presenting. This will simply be displayed on a screen facing the student.
Please note that this countdown timer is not compulsory and we recommend asking each student if they would like to use it or not.
If a student does not want to see a countdown, the timer can face the time keeper.